Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The job interview

A bright and experienced accountant is being interviewed for the role of Finance Director.

During the interview with members of the Board the Managing Director suddenly asks: "Tell me, what is seven multiplied by three?" The accountant thinks fast and replies "22."

Once the interview is over the accountant goes out, takes out his calculator and finds the answer - 21. Disappointed, he goes home.

Next morning he gets a call from the MD who tells him that he's got the job. The accountant is pleasantly surprised but can't resist asking: "Thanks for that but what about my mistake with that sum you threw at me - seven multiplied by three?"

The MD tells him - "of all the candidates we interviewed, you came the closest."

No comments:

Are some tax advisers paying more than they need to?

Some years ago on my first visit to Penrith, Cumbria, to present a talk to the local CIOT branch, I took a cab to the venue.  The driver ask...