Monday, August 05, 2013

An #INABAaward goes to Super Accountant Annette Ferguson

I first encountered Annette on twitter. I checked out her website, read some of her blog posts, listened to her podcasts and watched some of her videos. Even before speaking with her I was pretty certain that she deserved this (virtual) award of an INABA.

INABA stands for 'I'm Not A Boring Accountant' - more on the awards here +++++;

Annette is another stand out accountant who evidently operates in such a way as to confirm my contention that ‘Boring Is Optional'.

Annette's practice, Super Accountant, is focused on entrepreneurs and new business owners 'who want to be super successful'. She does very little of the day to day bookkeeping or accounting for her clients. This compliance work is instead undertaken by her staff. Annette's focus is much more on being the main client interface and helping them understand the numbers and how to grow their businesses.

Annette's podcasts and videos are as much for her existing clients as for new ones. Existing clients are able to listen to her advice at a time of their choosing. Annette also 'sees' many of her clients online via skype video chats. She gets a real buzz from helping clients to grow their businesses and this is apparent from her online activity as well as when you speak with her 1-2-1.

The client testimonials on Annette's website are quite compelling.  For example, one of them notes that she is particularly pro-active which is:
 so unusual in a world of ‘same-old, same-old, grey as grey accountants'.
Beyond this, she told me:
Helping clients to grow their business is a lot more interesting than simply churning out their annual accounts.  The compliance work is a necessity of course but clients could go to any old accountant for that. My clients know that I want them to see me as part of their team and to run their ideas past me. They also know that I share everything I learn with my clients. 
I would hate anyone to think that I fitted the stereotype of a boring accountant. I also think my branding helps me to stand out initially, but it's they way I deal with clients that really counts.
If you think you deserve an INABA or you know an accountant who meets the criteria please let me know.

No comments:

"Morton's Fork" - the rock and a hard place options for taxpayers

The expression "Morton's Fork" originates from a policy of tax collection. It was devised by John Morton, who was Lord Chancel...